Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Darcy Rhone has it all really. Darcy wants to imitate her mother's perfect life with beauty and a perfect life. Darcy is successful and beautiful in everything she does and engaged to a successful lawyer who she was introduced to through her best friend Rachel who has worshipped Darcy since they were at elementary school together in Indianapolis. Darcy is unfaithful to her fiance. She follows Rachel to New York and everything is set for her to set up the Manhattan version of her mother's life.

However her perfect world comes crashing down around her when her engagement is broken off, and she finds out why when she arrives at Rachel's apartment. She reveals her best friend Rachael is having an affair with Darcy's fiance Dex. Both parties are in the wrong but Darcy does not really think she has done anything that wrong. She moves to London in an attempt to overcome with her life which is suddenly going about a miles an hour.

Although at the beginning Darcy comes across as mean, self centred, demanding and selfish, but I like her confidence. As her character evolves, I find out more about her and the goals she sets herself to become a better person. I want to be a better person. I am very committed, motivated and goal oriented person. I also set myself with a principle and keep it on my own. I found myself really related to Darcy and hoping that things would get better in life. She worries about money, so do I. If you have ever been in that situation, you can empathise how bad she feels.



No comments:

Post a Comment